XDMCP phenomenon

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz@kinzesberg.de
Thu Dec 14 16:08:00 GMT 2006

Hi Holger,

thanks! That brought me onto the right track.

I had checked for name resolution to work on the Cygwin box (nslookup in
DOS window), so I never tried using the ip address directly; but in
Windows' hosts file (which Cygwin symlinks) there was a wrong entry for my
servers.

Stupid mistake, sorry for disturbing, I should have found THAT on my own.

Thanks for your help!

Dirk

--On 14. Dezember 2006 16:46:02 +0100 Holger Krull <holger.krull@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Dirk H. Schulz schrieb:
>
>> - using "X -query HOSTNAME" in all variants I know leads to a blank grey
>> screen with no login of my servers, even if I substitute HOSTNAME with
>> the one that always wins the race at "X -broadcast".
>
> did you try X -query numeric.ip.address -from x.server.address ?
>

> --

Dirk H. Schulz
IT Systems Service
Wiesenweg 12, 85567 Grafing