Issue with xemacs in CygwinX

Paul Mallas pmallas@rsmas.miami.edu
Wed Dec 20 21:40:00 GMT 2006

Sorry for the cross posting, but I was told my original post on the
Cygwin mail list was inappropriate and I should make it on the CygwinX.

A recent xemacs upgrade does not work properly on my Cygwin system.

I was running xemacs version 21.4.19-1 with no problem.  Newer versions
(21.4.19-2, 21.4.19-3, and 21.4.20-2) fail. The error reads "X
server not responding: <DISPLAY VARIABLE VALUE>."

I reinstalled 21.4.19-1, things worked fine again. But I would like to
figure out what the issue is for the newer versions.

I can unset my DISPLAY variable and xemacs will run in a Windows window.
If my DISPLAY variable is set - I get "X server not responding: <....>"
Everything else runs properly in X with DISPLAY set- xterm, xclock, just
not xemacs. Any thoughts?