X changes keyboard repeat rate in Windows

Nikil Mehta nmehta@cs.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 10 07:05:00 GMT 2006

I've noticed a problem where prior to launching X, my key repeat rate
in Windows is set to the max.  Immediately after launching X, the key
repeat rate slider in Windows is still set to the max, but the actual
repeat rate is noticeably lower.  So, every time I launch X I have to
re-apply my high repeat rate.  I'm not doing anything to explicitly set
the repeat rate in X (such as "xset r rate"), so why would this be
happening?  Is this intended behavior?  I've attached cygcheck output if
it's needed.

Thanks,
Nikil