Serious flaw in Cygwin X clipboard integration prevents paste from X to Windows apps

Stahlman Family brettstahlman@comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 13:01:00 GMT 2006

> Hi,
>
> Stahlman Brett wrote:
> > I will try to look into
> > it as I get time over the next few days...
>
> I can quickly build an experimental Xming.exe with any patch you have in
> mind.
> (Xming shares the same code base as Cygwin/X).
> If proven the patch could then be incorporated into Cygwin/X, at leisure,
> via an XOrg bugzilla.

Colin,
 Thanks. That may prove to be the best route. I'm actually in the
process of attempting to build XWin now, but if I run into problems that
look as though they could take a while to get resolved, I will plan to
send you a patch. If it works as I expect, the change will be limited to
a single file - a single statement, in fact.

Thanks again,
 Brett Stahlman