XP terminal server and Multiple Cygwin/x servers.

Mike Grabowski mg@myocd.net
Tue Jan 31 12:21:00 GMT 2006

Ok.  I'm new to all this and I may be completely bastardizing things here, but
heres what I have so far.  (And if someone knows a completely different/better
way to do this I'm all ears!)

I have a WinXP pro box with multiple accounts.  (A small terminal services
hack has been applied to allow multiple users to be connected to RDP at the
same time).  Right now, we're doing some testing and this wouldn't be what
we'd be doing long term.  We're waiting on funding for the new equipment and
software.  On one main account, we have an X program running pulled from a
Unix processor.  On two other accounts, A and B, I have installed Cygwin.  On
account A, I can get Cygwin to pull another window up from the main account.
Everything works fantastic, even using the specified font from this program.
Now, on account B, I've had to launch xwin with a new display address :1 in
order to get the windows to show up on account B's desktop instead of popping
up on account A's.  Now, that works fine, except for the font.  No matter what
I've tried to do with chmod or windows permmision settings, I can't get it to
load this font properly.  If I close down account A and change account B
to :0, it works fine.  So it appears to be something I'm missing thats
strictly a function of being any other display then :0.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions.

Mike