Xwin.log error

Peter Farley pjfarley3@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 22:03:00 GMT 2006

PMFJI here, but why in the world are you using
startxwin.bat a 2nd time to start a 2nd xterm?  In all
my cygwin-X experience, starting a second xterm is
just a matter of using the xterm icon distributed with
the other X-server pieces from setup.exe.

I think it is an optional install item, so you may
have missed it if you only specified the defaults to
install.  The item is labeled "X-start-menu-icons".
Once it is installed, go to Start/All
Programs/Cygwin-X, there is an xterm icon there you
can use to start another xterm.

Or you can extract the xterm startup line from
startxwin.bat and store it as startxterm.bat.

HTH

Peter