Problem with starting X server

Andy Rushton quergle-cygwin@yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 23:55:00 GMT 2006

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> I suspect that some bugfixes which were present in the CYGWIN branch
> on freedesktop are missing in the branch which was the source for the
> latest release.
Just to confirm that the bug indeed *seems* to have crept back. I
updated to the latest release and then the server would not start due to
the "cannot find font 'fixed'" problem. Re-mounted the fonts directory
in binmode, reinstalled just the fonts and it all works. Fortunately I
remembered this work-around from some time back when I last had this
problem. Sorry, I have no recollection when or what version.

I guess most people won't have any problems because they install Cygwin
with Unix newlines, thus making textmode and binmode identical. Thus no
cacophony of complaints.

--
Andy Rushton, Southampton, UK

Fortune and love befriend the bold.