Problem with remote Xsession from a HP-VUE

Tim Mead arcane__@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 04:48:00 GMT 2006

Howdy,
   I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my situation: I'm
trying to connect the Xwindows server from Cygwin to a remote X server,
running on a HP-VUE machine.

I'm able to form a connection using:

XWin -clipboard -query IP_ADDRESS &

The connection loads up fine, and I am able to enter text into windows and
click buttons, etc. However, it appears as though the remote window manager
is ignoring my commands - I cannot move, resize, close, iconify etc any
window that has been opened. Mouse clicks and text entry passes to the
window itself fine, just not the border and title.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers,
- Tim