cygcygipc-2

Alexander J. Herrmann ping2weltall@gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:43:00 GMT 2006

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Touati Sid wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile, could someone tell where the cygcygip-2 package can be
>> retrieved ? Goggle tells nothing.
>

> Uncheck the box labelled "Hide obsolete and administrative packages"
> in setup.exe's 'Chooser' window, and it should show up.
>
> I think the real problem is that BOTH cygipc-2 and kde-cygwin are
> dead.  It appears that sometime last fall KDE-cygwin was abandoned in
> favor of a native port of KDE using the xming X-server. So, you've got
> a dead project depending on a dead package.
>
> Expect trouble.
>
> --
> Chuck

Workaround. If you connect thru a X-Server to a remote Linux machine
thru a LAN which has KDE installed there is a easy workaround which I
use since more than 1 1/2 years. Run the KDE on the remote computer. It
even works over the Internet with a fast connection. Saves a lot of
memory in the windoze system and with esd you have even sound etc.

--
Alexander J. Herrmann
Analyst/Programmer