Can't make XWin on secondary monitor big enough...

Thomas Chadwick j_tetazoo@hotmail.com
Fri May 19 11:26:00 GMT 2006

If you run XWin --help, you get the following:

>use: X [:<display>] [option]
>
>[snip]
>
>-screen scr_num [width height [x y] | [[WxH[+X+Y]][@m]] ]
>	Enable screen scr_num and optionally specify a width and
>	height and initial position for that screen. Additionally
>	a monitor number can be specified to start the server on,
>	at which point, all coordinates become relative to that
>	monitor (Not for Windows NT4 and 95). Examples:
>	 -screen 0 800x600+100+100@2 ; 2nd monitor offset 100,100 size 800x600
>	 -screen 0 1024x768@3        ; 3rd monitor size 1024x768
>	 -screen 0 @1 ; on 1st monitor using its full resolution (the default)

BTW - I didn't say so in my OP, but I also tried "XWin -screen 0 @1", which
is suggested above, and that only got me a 1024x768 windowed XWin on the
secondary monitor.

-Tom