LINES and COLUMNS not getting updated

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Wed May 31 17:40:00 GMT 2006

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL ...thanks!

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Christopher Faylor, le Wed 31 May 2006 11:47:54 -0400, a écrit :
>> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:07:48AM -0400, Kenneth Nellis wrote:
>>> In my Cygwin X-Windows xterm environment, I'm not seeing the LINES and
>>> and COLUMNS environment variables getting updated correctly after my
>>> window is resized. Furthermore, "echo $COLUMNS" and "printenv COLUMNS"
>>> don't agree. (I didn't see relevant articles in the archives.)
>>
>> Please go back and read http://cygwin.com/lists.html .  This question is not
>> appropriate for the general cygwin list.
>>
>> This message belongs on the cygwin-xfree list - a list that the xterm maintainer
>> reads.
>
> Mmm, it doesn't seem to me like only an xterm issue.  Maybe xterm has
> troubles sending SIGWINCH, but apparently the shell itself has troubles
> updating the COLUMNS variable.

Trying again since my original post apparently went to /dev/null (sent
almost two hours ago and not on gmane or the official web archives...).

...does 'shopt -s checkwinsize' help?

$ man -P 'less -iRs -p checkwinsize' bash
$ help shopt

--
Matthew
Doom doom dooM doo-DooM dOOm DOom doOM... DOOM! -- Gir