xterm with Log to File feature?

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Wed Nov 15 11:01:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Gary Johnson wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a way to enable xterm's Log to File
> feature with Cygwin's xterm.  I've read the previous thread on this
> topic, "need xterm to log to a file",
> http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-12/msg00083.html,
> including Thomas Dickey's fix and statement that he would include
> the fix in xterm-198.  "xterm -version" says:
>
>    Cygwin 6.8.2.0(202)
>
> so the fix should be there, but the feature may not be enabled.  So

it might be (I don't have the history at hand, but see similar code in
that function, for the case where xterm is not running setuid/setgid).

> is there a way to enable it in some Cygwin xterm binary, or do I
> need to download the source and build it myself?

probably - iirc, logging is a configure script option, and if the packager
didn't select it, that's not included.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net