xfree issues on cygwin - that old cannot find font 'fixed' problem

S James S Stapleton stapleton.41@osu.edu
Wed Sep 6 13:09:00 GMT 2006

I can get it working - I did before, but not before tomorrow, and I was
hoping to get it fixed today. I have the problems with the cannot find font
'fixed'. I tried the stuff in the FAQ, but the directory didn't not appear
in the mount list (nor any directory below it except "/"). I could not
manually mount it, mount complained /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts was invalid).

The font dir does show up, and the misc subdir has 446 entries.

Yesterday, I had my notebook with me, which runs FreeBSD, and I just tar'ed
and copied over my fonts directory, untar'ed it, and the problem was solved.
Sadly, I left my notebook at home, and yesterdays attempt at installing KDE
under cygwin broke cygwin bad enough I had to reinstall.

Any suggestions on getting this fixed today? Did I do something wrong with
the mount procedure?
Since I saw this in mailing list archives, yes I am running in windows
linebreak mode.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton