WinXP Taskbar Overlaps Maximized xterm

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Thu Sep 28 00:41:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

> There's a similar issue with KDE and xterm on RHEL 3.  So it could also be

"is" doesn't appear to be the right tense, since RHEL 3 was released a few
years ago and is not the current version.

iirc, cygwin's still distributing xterm patch #202, which is more recent
than RHEL 3 (mid-2005).  I made improvements to the layout in the latter
part of 2005, so it would for example maximize as expected.  On the other
hand, it still doesn't re-maximize if the font size is changed while
maximized.

> an upstream problem in xterm, if it still exits in the current version.
> You might want to check that out.  I don't see the problem with konsole.

given that konsole was developed as part of KDE, that's understandable...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net