WinXP Taskbar Overlaps Maximized xterm

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Thu Sep 28 10:01:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
>>
>>> There's a similar issue with KDE and xterm on RHEL 3.  So it could also be
>>
>> "is" doesn't appear to be the right tense, since RHEL 3 was released a few
>> years ago and is not the current version.
>>
>> iirc, cygwin's still distributing xterm patch #202, which is more recent
>> than RHEL 3 (mid-2005).  I made improvements to the layout in the latter
>> part of 2005, so it would for example maximize as expected.  On the other
>> hand, it still doesn't re-maximize if the font size is changed while
>> maximized.
>
> Well, the problem I am seeing is when I initially maximize xterm with a
> large font already selected. (I would not expect it necessarily to work
> properly if I changed fonts once already maximized.)

I tested xterm #220 last night to check (since I had not looked at cygwin
in particular when making the layout fixes), and it did not overlap the
taskbar.  That's the current version on my ftp site.  I'm working on #221,
for a fix which does not appear to affect cygwin, so #220 is probably what
you should use.

That's source - configuring/compiling it is not that hard...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net