Can't start XFS

Holger Krull holger.krull@gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 07:34:00 GMT 2007

Dell'Anna Michele (TERNA) schrieb:

> I added the fonts path to /etc/X11/fs/config but when I try to start xfs
> service I receive
> the following message:
> "FontTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.font-unix should be set to root"
> I searched in mailing list but I didn't find nothing usefull.
>
> Anybody could help me?

This is most likely only a warning, and not an error. Xwin does the same
about /tmp/.X11-unix for example.
If you want to get rid of it you need a user root with uid 0 in
/etc/passwd and then change the owner of .font-unix to root.

But i doubt that this is the reason for xfs not starting. Btw only few
applications require a font server these days.