Drag N Drop in Windows XP

Stanley Nguyen stanley.nguyen@gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:35:00 GMT 2007

> Stanley Nguyen schrieb:
>
>> I'm telnetting to this java app from a Windows XP machine with cygwin as
>> my xterm server. Everything works great except drag-n-drop.  Everytime I
>> try to drag something from one panel to the other panel within the same
>> xwindows, the mouse icon changes to the little circle with a line across
>> like a stop sign to indicate it is not allowed.
>> If I try using Exceed as my xterm server, then everything works ok.
>
> I don't understand your description.
> There is no such thing as an xterm server.
> Drag and Drog is governed by the window manager, so how did you start
> Xwin and your java application?

The closest thread that I found is
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-06/msg00023.html.
The problem is I'm using telnet, not ssh.  I then gave it a try with ssh -Y,
it also does not work for me.
The fact that it's working for Exceed to tell me that there might some
limitation with Cygwin X Server but I can't find anywhere indicates that
drag-n-drop is not allowed???

Stanley