XWin starts but hangs as soon as I start an X-application

Olumide 50295@web.de
Sat Aug 18 20:35:00 GMT 2007

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
>> All of this is really strange. The only change/installation I made to
>> my system yesterday was to install a logitech webcam.
>
> Remove it again.  I think you'll find that solves the problems you were
> seeing.  Logitech drivers are known to cause problems.  Cygwin is one of
> its lucky affected applications.  Search the email list archives for
> "dodgy apps" to find a list of software with buggy versions which can cause
> problems like this.

You're right. I've just uninstalled the logitech webcam and
x-applications now work!!

PS: wierd -- the logitech webcam uninstaller mandated that I terminated
ALL applications before the deinstallation could proceed.