Two issues with Xwin

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Mon Aug 27 13:44:00 GMT 2007

* Ronald Fischer (Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:42:20 +0200)
> > * using a terminal and a shell I often have to enter Enter or Tab
> > twice to get the desired effect. How come?
>
> Which effect do you desire? (Filename completion, command completion,
> ...)?

The desired effect for the Enter key would be to normal enter function
of a shell. Tab should do file and command completion.

> Which shell?

zsh

> How did you configure it? (i.e. if you are talking about readline
> functionality, what's the content of your .inputrc, and did you make sure it gets
> read?).

I don't think the content of $INPUTRC is relevant when talking about
Enter and Tab having no effect "on the first try". Anyway, I have no
problem with that in rxvt or cmd - only in X.

Thorsten