Fw: How to Port 32bit source code in compatible to 64bit OS

Holger Krull holger.krull@gmx.de
Tue Jan 2 11:24:00 GMT 2007

Syam Prasad Nagabairu schrieb:

> Here I already ported the source code to gcc from diab compiler by using
> cygwin environment on Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]. Now the
> requirement for me is to port this code on Linux in particular SUSE
> linux.actually my need is to simulate the code on model. we need to port it
> in compatible to 64bit. is it possible to port a 32 bit source code on
> GNU/linux(i686 machine processor)? I am beginner in linux!please help me.

As far as i know there is no 64 Bit Cygwin. As your code already compiles on cygwin, just give it a try on a 64 Bit linux system. Depending on what librarys where used it maybe just works.