unable to open display "" 6 times when I try to run any X apps from xterm

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Mon Jun 25 02:04:00 GMT 2007

On 06/23/2007, cygwin wrote:
> When I try to start any X application, from an xterm, I get the following
> errors. This used to always work but is broke for some reason. I would like
> some direction on how to troubleshoot this. I think this is some kind of
> program running that is getting in the way but can't find which one. Both
> virus and firewall are disabled. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Start the X server first (xstartwin).  If that doesn't work, then your
firewall and/or virus scanner are likely to blame, disabled or not.
Uninstall them and try again.

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746