Windowmaker not open bash properly

Scott Mohnkern Scott.Mohnkern@noaa.gov
Wed Jun 27 13:30:00 GMT 2007

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
> Scott Mohnkern wrote:
>>

>> Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

>>> You (no longer?) have Cygwin in your path.  You're picking up the
>>> Nutcracker/MKS tools now.  Fix your path and give a quick run
>>> through of
>>> the rest of your environment to clean up any issues.  Two that
>>> caught my
>>> eye are $HOME and $TERM are now incorrectly set.  If you can find where
>>> Nutcracker/MKS sets these and remove/avoid them, you'll have better
>>> luck
>>> working with Cygwin.
>>>

>> That appears to have solved most of it.  Removing the nutcracker
>> entries and putting cygwin and cygwin bin in the path got me up and
>> running.  It doesn't appear to be pulling my profile up correctly
>> when I open up bash (It's defaulting to a different $HOME but I can
>> probably figure out where that is set)
>

> It's probably in your system-level environment, which you can access from
> the Windows control panel "System" applet.  Good luck.

That's definitely it I'm pretty sure it's an environment variable that
got messed with.  Cradle during install set $SHELL to "nutc" without
telling me, and I'm 90% sure that's what caused Windowmaker  to choke.
Now I just need to figure out which of these other system variables need
to go, and which ones I need to put back in.

Scott