-multiwindow problem

Brian R. Landy landy@alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 12 17:18:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am having a problem with -multiwindow and a specific commercial
application called Stata.  We are running on Solaris, and I believe it
was built with gtk widgets.

The problem is that when a font selection control is used (it creates
a dropdown list within a dialog) the application "nearly" freezes --
the dialog stops redrawing, and while occasionally it will eventually
close after pressing the escape key, usually a kill is required from a
terminal.

Running this app in any other X configuration works fine -- XNest
inside -multiwindow, -internalwm, -rootless, -fullscreen, -window,
-mwextwm.  However, none of those work very well with MS Remote
Desktop , which I also need to use, or are as convenient.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to track down and fix this problem?

Thanks a lot!
Brian