Using XWin.exe to connect to a linux X Server

Erich Dollansky oceanare@pacific.net.sg
Fri Nov 30 05:31:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a Gentoo X Server and it is connecting, but I
> don't seem to be able to open an xterm.  All I get is a full screen
> without anything.  I am running this command:

I did this for years using FreeBSD as the server. No problems.

> XWin -query d-tuxedo

Ok, I used the startup script provided by cygwin to start the local X
server and then connected to the FreeBSD machine.

Did you set the DISPLAY variable properly on the Linux box?

Erich