Using XWin.exe to connect to a linux X Server

jose isaias cabrera jicman@cinops.xerox.com
Fri Nov 30 14:38:00 GMT 2007

> Hi,
>
> DISPLAY on the Linux box must be set to the IP address of the cygwin box.
Hmmmm...

> But DISPLAY on the cygwin box must be set to either localhost or the IP
> address of this machine.
Ok, this one was set to d-tuxedo, which I did not change.  But I just set it
back to localhost:0.0 and still happens.

> You also must have some method to communicate between both machines. I
> always used telnet as it was all locally done. You can also take SSH if
> you do not know who else listens between.
I do.  I am able to connect to d-tuxedo through ssh, etc.  I just want to
use X with cygwin to get to it.