Windows GUI apps from xterm

Mahdi A Sbeih mahdi.sbeih@pdf.com
Thu Sep 6 13:37:00 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I am on windows terminal server "win_ts":
When executing a windows GUI application such as "calc" from a cygwin
shell, it works just fine, without setting any DISPLAY env variable.
Now if I connect to terminal server "win_ts" from a unix xterm - I am
still on the same terminal server - and try to run "calc", it hangs, but
running something like xcalc works fine.

It seems that running pure windows GUI app such as "calc" only woks from
a cygwin shell, and not connecting to the cygwin shell from a unix xterm
even though everything is happening on the same windows terminal server.

Please advice.

-Mahdi