Recent X11 upgrade and getting _gl?? Undefined references compiling another package

André Bleau andre_bleau@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:08:00 GMT 2008

> André Bleau wrote:
>> You will need to change OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR to /usr/include/opengl .
>> See: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-12/msg00089.html
>>
>> - André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.
>
> The above worked great

Good!

> but in the announcement for this version you
> mention:
>
>> you can compile as usual.
>>
>> Usr/lib/glut32.lib is now provided. It should used instead of
>> libglut32.a.

My message (and /usr/share/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt) should have
mentionned usr/lib/w32api/glut32.lib , NOT Usr/lib/glut32.lib .

> I don't seem to see a glut32.lib in my /usr/lib directory?  Is this the
> correct name as I did a find for *glut* and still didn't locate it -
> just the ones you would expect to find.

Bummer. Something went wrong with my packaging and usr/lib/w32api/glut32.lib
was not added. Anyway, the w32api maintainer and I resolved the conflict over
libglut32.a and I was planning to remove glut32.lib in the next update. Could
you please test linking with the attaches libglut32.a ? It is the one that
would be part of the upcoming opengl-1.1.0-10 .

> Thanks
> bk

Regards,

- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.

Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com