wamp cygwin php. Files with acl, setfacl, issue

Tim Oxley tim@timoxley.com
Wed Dec 10 07:47:00 GMT 2008

I'm running wamp/cygwin as a testing environment, and php doesn't want
to recognise any files I create under cygwin (eg vim/touch etc) as they
don't have the additional permissions (no + at the end of an ls -l
command) .

For example,  a php 'is_file()' returns false on a file that most
certainly exists. Figuring out what was going on was source of much
headache.

I'm sure I am not the first person to have this problem, but I'm having
trouble finding info, I've been reading about extended file permissions
and setfacl etc, but I don't know how to set it up so I don't have to
manually setfacl each file I create in cygwin?

Help appreciated, thanks.