PATCH:

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 20:32:00 GMT 2008

It seems I got distracted by something shiny whilst writing the original
email.  The subject should be something like "PATCH: Fix some keyboard
strangeness".

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> There seem to be a couple of reported problem which seem to be due to
>> the fact that virtual core keyboard doesn't get the updated with the
>> state of the windows keyboard device until the first keypress.   This
>> can lead to oddness in the behaviour of  clients started from bash in a
>> DOS window before the X server receives a keypress...
>>
>> This seems to be responsible for the problem reported with xemacs[1],
>> and a least part of the oddness with autorepeat reported in [2]
>>
>> Attached patch works around this by forcing the state to be copied into
>> the VCK at startup time.
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> Since I've been pretty much away for the last few weeks, could you catch
> me up on the new issues and patches?

Here's a small patch-set you could use to update cygports:

http://www.dronecode.org.uk/cygwin/cygwin-xorg-server-patch-set-update-20081218.tar.bz2

In addition to the above, this includes patches:

* an update to the keyboard layout mapping table which updates some no longer
valid keyboard layout names (e.g. de_CH -> ch -variant "de") and adds a few
more layouts culled from the list archives
* silence "GetWindowProp" log spam
* The patch to really fix -silent-dup-error