New Maintainer

DRC dcommander@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 21:03:00 GMT 2008

After looking into this further, it doesn't look as if porting the current
X.org code to Cygwin is going to be straightforward, particularly since our
group has no prior expertise with Cygwin porting or packaging.  Thus, I
don't think that maintaining Cygwin/X is something that we are going to be
able to tackle.  The general consensus is that we have much less expertise
with Cygwin and X.org than you guys do and certainly less than the
cygwinports people.  Yet neither community has been able to port xorg-server
to Cygwin, so what hope do we have?  In any sense, our main justification
for porting the most recent X.org code to Cygwin was to provide a vehicle
for introducing some new patches to enable certain features that are needed
by our project (VirtualGL.)  But on further reconsideration, that seems to
be tantamount to building our own highway to improve our car's gas mileage.

I wish you all the best.

Darrell