can't get visual from xserver

Phil Betts Phil.Betts@ascribe.com
Wed Jun 25 12:13:00 GMT 2008

Olaf Eisen wrote on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:50 AM::

> I use use X11 tunneling with ssh -Y which works fine for xterms and
> graphics. However, for the software called "Focus" I get the fatal
> error
>
> <OmGetVisual> Can't Find "TrueColor" Visual of Depth = 24!
> Error: XtCreatePopupShell requires non-NULL parent
> Focus can not find TrueColor visual from X server!
> PseudoColor is selected instead.
> Focus can not find a visual from X server!
> Please check X installation with system administrator.
>
> I did not find any related information in the faq or list, any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Olaf

XWin is limited to supporting the current Windows display mode.
If Focus requires 24 bit true colour, then you need to set the
Windows display to 24 bits.  Alternatively, you may be able to
configure Focus to use a display mode that matches your current
display.

Run xdpyinfo to list the visuals available.

Phil

--
This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.