Couldn't load XKB keymap (fr_CH)

Phil Betts Phil.Betts@ascribe.com
Fri May 30 14:36:00 GMT 2008

Xavier Robin wrote on Friday, May 30, 2008 8:57 AM::

> It looks like the file /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86 cannot be found.
> However, it exists:
>
>> $ ls -l /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86
>> -rwxr--r--+ 1 ROBINX Utilisateurs 12788 Oct 27  2005
>> /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86
> (It was -rwx------+ and I tried to chmod it so I'm sure it is ok).

Directories also need the execute permission for one to be able
to read them (this is an over-simplification, but essentially true).

On my installation, which hasn't had the permissions tinkered with,
all directories under /etc/X11 have permissions 770.

Try running this command:

find /etc/X11 -type d -exec chmod 770 {} +

Phil

--
One of the following statements is true:
This email has not been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen