Connecting to an XServer with XWin

jose isaias cabrera cabrera@wrc.xerox.com
Sun Nov 16 20:09:00 GMT 2008

Greetings!

I just ran setup and upgraded to the new cygwin and something has broke.  I
was able to run this command before,

xwin :0.0 -clipboard -query 13.142.6.222 -fp tcp/13.142.6.222:7100

and I would get the login screen of the Solaris 10 XServer and I was able to
login.  Now, I get the login screen, but when try to enter the login ID,
when I type the first letter, the login screen refreshes and I can never
enter login id.  I have another cygwin setup that I have not updated and
that one works great.  Any ideas?  No XWin.log gets created.  Nothing gets
written on the cygwin DOS screen neither.

Any ideas where to start?

I also tried,

xwin -query 13.142.6.222

and also have the same problem.  Again, there is another cygwin setup which
does not have this problem and I am able to login.

thanks for the help.

josé