Connecting to an XServer with XWin

jose isaias cabrera jicman@cinops.xerox.com
Mon Nov 17 23:28:00 GMT 2008

>> xwin :0.0 -clipboard -query 13.142.6.222 -fp tcp/13.142.6.222:7100
>
> I'm a bit suspicious of this command line as the server is called "XWin"

Tried, XWin... same difference.

> Are you looking for XWin.log in /var/log ?
No.  /tmp.

> If you open a cygwin bash shell, type the command to run the X server, you
> get
> no output at all?
Cygwin X server is running ok.  Well, xinit, is the way I start mine.  That
works ok.  If you mean the command above, that is how I do it:  I open the
cygwin bash DOS shell and I type the command above.

> If you add -once to the command used to launch the server, does it exit
> after
> your first connection attempt? (if so, this tells me that the XDM or
> whatever
> you are trying to log in to is closing the connection when you type, for
> it's
> own reasons, or maybe it just doesn't like us anymore...)

This command,

XWin :0.0 -once -clipboard -query 13.142.6.222 -fp tcp/13.142.6.222:7100

exits the login screen once I hit any key in the user textbox.  Is there any
way to get the previous setup? Maybe it has to do with the keyboard problem
I have read very little of...