X, backingstore and opengl

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Nov 29 14:05:00 GMT 2008

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I agree with all BUT NOT with THIS:
>
>> 1.5.3-4 +bs    ok (redrawing of area under menus is messed up)
>
> In my case (hsimple.C test)
>
> 1.5.3-4 +bs    GIVES  server segfault
>

> Are you sure you have started 1.5.3-4 with '+bs'?
>
> Indeed I have verified that '1.5.3-4 +bs' works fine in redrawing the
> overlapped area (I have done this with another application, PAW from
> CERNLIB).
>
> Perhaps you have just started 1.5.3-4 thinking you have added +bs, but
> really omitting it.
>
> May you retry?

Ok, I've tried this and a few other things an I can't reproduce this, so I'd
like your help to get a backtrace if you are willing:

1. Download http://www.dronecode.org.uk/cygwin/XWin.exe.bz2
(this is a build of XWin with debugging symbols)
2. bunzip2.exe XWin.exe.bz2
3. export CYGWIN="$CYGWIN error_start=gdb -nw %1 %2"
4. ./XWin.exe  -multiwindow -clipboard +bs
5. Do what ever you do to reproduce the problem
6. When a gdb window pops up, wait for the (gdb) prompt, then "thread apply
all bt full"
7. Mail me the output