'no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH' error message on install

Jaroslav Rynik jrynik@yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 13:46:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

when I wanted to install, the program with cygwin (using package for NetBSD), the error message "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" came up.

However, I have installed cygwin directly from web not unsellecting any option, so the instalation should be complete.  The program is installed in D:\pokus\cygwin directory.

To keep track all the steps I made, I send the picture of 3 screenshot showing all I have done until the error message appeared. I also attach the log file made by cygwin after the action.

If you need any further information, feel welcome to let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes
Jaro