[1.7] On checkX

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi@alice.it
Sat Aug 29 09:09:00 GMT 2009

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce.

Ugh! I forgot to say that I start those scripts with links on desktop...

For example:

mkshortcut -AD \
     -n "${urxvt}" \
     -a "bash -l start_urxvt.sh" \
     -i /usr/bin/XWin.exe \
     -d "Console unicode" \
     /usr/bin/run.exe

Indeed, if I start the script from Cygwin.bat, there is not
checkX.exe.stackdump in the HOME! It is created ONLY starting the script
with the link...

...and, in that case, the lines:

[...]
while ! /usr/bin/checkX
do
   printf "waiting for xserver to start\n"
   sleep 1
done
[...]

cause a NON-empty checkX.exe.stackdump:

$ cat checkX.exe.stackdump
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=6E7C3CD0

Not only, also a bad interference between XWin and clipboard: trying to
copy/paste (double click in urxvt shell), they hang and when I try to
'Restart Now' the PC, Windows says 'xwinclip has not finished yet...'

Now, If I want start your script from the link, How can I capture the
output?

For example, I have tried modifying it with:

[...]
check_and_start()
{
     /usr/bin/checkX --no-silent || start_XWin
}

check_and_start 2>&1 | tee /tmp/checkx.log
[...]

but only XWin starts NOT urxvt! and

$ cat /tmp/checkx.log
       5 [main] checkX 3292 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec:
error opening input console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec,
errno 13, Win32 error 5
     112 [main] checkX 3292 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec:
error opening output console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec,
errno 13, Win32 error 5

Cheers,
Angelo.