xterm process exists but no window appears when XWin Server launched (current release)

Thu Dec 31 19:20:00 GMT 2009

On 30/12/2009 11:52, Timares, Brian (Harris Corp.) wrote:
> I checked the FAQ, looked over the XWin.0 log, looked over the cygcheck
> output which shows:
> Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component
> Detected: Named process.
>
> ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall
> Detected: HKLM Registry Key, Named file.
>
> I had rebooted since last I used the Sonic Solutions (I can remove it if
> it is worth trying), the ZoneAlarm I have no control over (nor the other
> security-related items).

BLODA often needs to be completely uninstalled, followed by a reboot,
for it not to interfere.  ZA is a known troublemaker wrt Cygwin, so if
you can't remove it, then I'm not sure that we'll be able to help.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X