Cygwin/X (XWin) falls down when using -fp option

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Feb 3 21:23:00 GMT 2009

Jana Sklenièkovå wrote:
> Because I couldn't find anything unusual or helpful in the logs I
> captured packets using Wireshark. So far I found this:

I guess this means your logon scripts are trying to add
"/etc/dc/config/xfonts/c" to the font path (which isn't going to work very
well as that directory doesn't exist on the Cygwin box) and possibly treats
that as critical to a successful login.

You might be able to work around this by creating the directory
/etc/dc/config/xfonts/c on the cygwin host and running 'mkfontdir' there, but
really you should fix the logon scripts :-)

(Note that google suggests /etc/dc/config/xfonts/c is a typo for
/etc/dt/config/xfonts/c)