Trouble compiling xorg-server-1.5.3-6

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 14:31:00 GMT 2009

Jared Silva wrote:
> Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> Just a guess, but do you not have the libtool package installed?
>>
>> http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html#prog-compiling
>
> $ cygcheck -c | grep libtool
> libtool                         1.5b-2             OK
>
> I tried reinstalling libtool, but no luck.

I think this is not the right version of libtool.  I think it looks like
setup.ini is still not quite recovered from it's recent problems and is
preferring the version under _obsolete/libtool to the version under libtool or
something.

> I have all of the required packages for compiling.
>
> I tried the steps for a standard build, but that also failed (below).
>
> $ cygport xorg-server-1.5.3-6.cygport prep
>
> $ cd xorg-server-1.5.3-6/src/xorg-server-1.5.3/
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr
[...]
> checking for cpp... /usr/bin/cpp
> checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -undef... configure: error:
> /usr/bin/cpp defines unix with or without -undef.  I don't know what
> to do.

./configure for the X server won't work on cygwin until it has been
regenerated with various fixes, hence the need to run autoreconf :-)