Saving all xterm output to a file

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Mon Feb 9 04:25:00 GMT 2009

teddybouch wrote:
> That's it! If I just throw some of the fflush commands in here and there in
> strategic places, I get all the output I am looking for up to those
> statements. Why would this be needed sometimes and not others?

It's always needed if you must have output at a particular point in the
execution.  If that's not a requirement, then it shouldn't be necessary
since the buffer should be flushed at normal program end.  If that's not
happening, that suggests something in your program is holding the stdout
handle open, it has set the buffer size to something extraordinarily large,
or you've triggered a bug.  If you believe it's a bug, please create
a simple test case in C that demonstrates the problem.  Send it to the
Cygwin list with an explanation of the problem.

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746