Cygwin Xserver - Run Applications on host forever?

ephemeral jicjoc@gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 18:31:00 GMT 2009

Hi guys,
I use a win xp laptop (with cygwin,xserver,openssh) to connect to a linux
red hat machine.

Everything is going fine...

Every time i power off my laptop though i lose whatever terminals/apps i had
on the linux-red-hat machine.

Is there a way that i can get the linux apps to run forever, and then i can
just connect to them as i please using cygwin?

I think vnc allows this (if i recall correctly) but doesnt vnc also force to
to view the entire linux desktop on your windows machine as well? Id prefer
not to do that...

Any idea's how to do this on cygwin?

Thanks