x keyboard with most keys dead since update -- faq answer 3.2 no help

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Feb 19 22:48:00 GMT 2009

Blake Thomas Andrew wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Please help, I am quite desperate.
>
> The day before yesterday I inadvertently upgraded to the new version of X.
>
> I had had a slight problem -- emacs suddenly froze, and on restart, I
> found myself with a US keyboard layout throughout X. (I need
> latin-american). I thought that perhaps downloading setxkbmap using
> cygwin setup might help restore the keyboard layout, but I
> accidentally ended up downloading the whole current version of cygwin.
>
> On restarting the XWin server, I found that xterm now did not respond
> to the keyboard.

May we see your /var/log/XWin.0.log, please.

Does setting a different keyboard map using setxkbmap make any difference
(as http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-xkb-not-working)?

Cygcheck output as asked for in http://cygwin.com/problems.html ?