Reproducing the cygwin X problems; MinTTY, too

Lee D.Rothstein lee@veritech.com
Wed Feb 25 07:23:00 GMT 2009

Dan Tsafrir wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Jon TURNEY >
>
>> It seems likely that this clipboard contention between multiple applications
>> might behave differently on machines with multi-core processors (which I
>> don't have the capability to test on), so can you indicate if you are using
>> single-core or multi-core processor?
>>

> Indeed, I'm using a dual core machine.
>
> However, in an attempt to test your hypothesis, I've set the affinity
> of XWin.exe, emacs, and the vncviewer to only use CPU0 (through the
> task manager).
>
> This had no positive affect on the problem: the instant I highlighted
> some text within emacs my copy-paste functionality was dead,
> regardless of affinity.
>
>     --Dan
>
> --

FWIW, I'm having a similar proble with MinTTY. If I select text in a
MinTTY window,
then copy text withing a GUI app, like TextPad (http://textpad.com),
clipboard stops
working for all apps.

If I ten return to the original, MinTTY window, and reselect text, paste
it, that works and
then copy and paste work in all apps, again.

Lee