update - Vista: no copy/paste X -> MS

Dick Repasky rrepasky@lack.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:36:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Marc Girod wrote:

> Dick Repasky-2 wrote:
>>
>> not being able to copy from an X application (xterm or nedit) and paste
>> into Windows Notepad.
>>
> For what it's worth, and notwithstanding the need for deeper analysis and a
> fix,
> I can report that, disabling the Office clipboard (e.g. from Outlook),
> copy&paste work for me from emacs run on X to the Windows Notepad, on Vista.
>
> Marc

On my system toggling the Office clipboard toggles the ability to copy
from X and paste into Windows Notepad when Notepad is launced before X.

If I launch X and then Windows Notepad I cannot copy from X and paste into
Notepad independently of whether Office clipboard is on or off.

If I launch Windows Notepad before launching X, I can copy from X and
paste into Notepad when Office clipboard is off. I cannot copy and paste
when Office clipboard is on.

I'm running Office 2007, I have been using Excel to toggle the Windows
clipboard.

Dick

Dick Repasky
Center for Computational Cytomics