Building xdvik (was Re: Failure of XtGetApplicationResources() in X11R7.4)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:02:00 GMT 2009

On 1/23/2009 10:05 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> I think Yaakov was right when he suggested that the libtool this uses
> is sufficiently old to cause problems [1]
>
> $ tar -zxf xdvik-22.84.14.tar.gz
> $ cd xdvik-22.84.14
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-xdvi-x-toolkit=xaw3d
> $ make
> $ cp /usr/lib/libXt.dll.a texk/xdvik/.libs/libimp-cygXt-6.a
> $ rm texk/xdvik/xdvi-xaw3d.exe
> $ make
> $ texk/xdvik/xdvi-xaw3d.exe
> [works, or at least, works enough to give me a file open dialog...]

Works for me too.  Thank you very much for sorting this out!

By imitating your procedure in the texlive source directory, one can now
build texlive for cygwin again.

Ken