Why is remote client being rejected? AUDIT: XWin: client 4 rejected from IP 192.168.3.3

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Sun Jul 19 17:55:00 GMT 2009

john@asyn.org wrote:

> Have you added the client to your X server's acl? See xhost(1)
---
	I thought I'd turned off access checking.  I forgot I had to redo
my script when there was a major X-server upgrade, a few months ago --
Not something I 'normally use'...

	(Am pretty safe, regardless, as I'm doing this on an isolated, wired,
subnet in my house, so I feel pretty safe unless my beagle orders a computer.

> Also, running your X client in the background does not disconnect it from
> the terminal from which you launched it. If you close the terminal, the
> client app will die.

Yeah, know about that one:
	(xosview&)
saves it from the HUP's when the window closes...

THANKS!
Linda