Problem with multiwindow and drop-down menus

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Jul 22 19:44:00 GMT 2009

I'm having a problem with 1.7 when starting the server with
-multiwindow. I am trying to run Sun's jconsole application (part of the
JDK 6) remotely, but none of the menus work correctly.

When I run a separate window manager (wmaker), they work correctly. I
can click on a menu and it will stay open. I can move my mouse to select
a menu entry and then click again to "make it so".

With -multiwindow, clicking on the menu just causes it to flash open. If
I hold the mouse down, the menu will stay open, but I can't select any
options. The only way I can interact with jconsole is with keyboard
shortcuts.

Any ideas? Is this some local configuration problem or a known issue
with -multiwindow?

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere."
                 -- Dr. Seuss