XWinrc suggestion

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Jun 17 17:58:00 GMT 2009

It would be perhaps better to teach startxwin.bat to use .xserverrc for this
purpose, just like startx does.

This could probably be achieved by changing startxwin.bat to use startx to
start the server, rather than starting it directly :-)

There are a few ancillary issues with doing this, though.  xinit would kill
the X server when the first client exits, which is not wanted here.  Some
people have problems with startx not working, for various reasons.  Is it
possible to preserve the -silentdup behaviour of startxwin.bat doing it that way?

Of course, in the alternative, if someone wants to provide some patches for
Xwin to read these settings from Xwinrc, they would be considered