Query on building GCC source targeting Windows?

divya kotekar divya20.kotekar@gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:44:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

Greetings !

I am Divya. Basically from systems side, acquainted with Windows OS
and with very limited knowledge about compilers.

My objective:
I have got some updated files of GCC (3.0) from my colleague. I am
asked to create a new binary including these updated files.

Current situation:
I have installed Cygwin in my system and trying to compile simple programs.

Help needed:
1)Is it possible to build the source of GCC in cygwin targeting
Windows. If Yes, any document to do so.
2)While compiling simple C files, I get an error stdio.h:No such file
or directory - Could you please provide some solution as the FAQ
didn't help me much

Thanks in advance,
Divya